DIY GIRLS PTY LTD – STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
DIYgirls shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, "personal information" shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: http://www.polity.org.za/attachment.php?aa_id=3569.
Payment options accepted
Payment may be made via Visa and MasterCard.
Card acquiring and security
Card transactions for payment to DIYgirls will be conducted via PayGate (Pty) Ltd, an approved payment gateway for all reputable South African Banks. PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no card details are stored on the DIYgirls website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
Customer details separate from card details
Customer details will be stored by DIYgirls securely, and all customer payment and card details are stored on PayGate’s secure site. For more detail on PayGate refer to www.paygate.co.za.
Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
First Party Service Provider
DIYgirls is the direct first party service provider, responsible for provision of goods and services in a given transaction, including any sale of goods and services sold on this website, ancillary customer service and support, and associated dispute resolution.
Country of domicile
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and DIYgirls chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi, for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature, the following address: 24 Arklow Road, Bryanston, South Africa, 2191.
DIYGIRLS T's & C's
By ordering, purchasing, or receiving any products, good or services from DIYgirls, you irrevocably and immediately agree and bind yourself to the terms and conditions of sale and service as disclosed hereunder.
In these Standard Terms and Conditions, including the annexures to these Standard Terms and Conditions, unless a contrary intention clearly appears, the following terms shall have the meanings assigned to them in this clause and cognate expressions shall have corresponding meanings -
- In these Standard Terms and Conditions, where any provision is qualified by the words “to the extent permitted by law” the Seller and the Purchaser agree that such provision shall only apply to the extent that the laws of the Republic of South Africa allow same to apply, on the basis that if the Seller is precluded from applying –
- The Purchaser does hereby accept to be bound by the terms and conditions set out herein.
- Quotations are valid for a period of 14 (fourteen) days from date of issue.
- These Standard Terms and Conditions shall apply to all contracts of sale of goods and/or supply of services by the Seller to the Purchaser and no terms or conditions appearing in any of the Purchaser's documents, including the Purchaser's buying order, which are at variance with these conditions shall be binding on the Seller.
- Should any order be given to the Seller on an order form reflecting the Purchaser's name as the entity from which the order emanates, such order shall be deemed to have emanated from the Purchaser, notwithstanding the fact that such order may have been given or signed by a person not authorised by the Purchaser and such order will be deemed to constitute a valid order.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Seller, payment of the full purchase price of the goods and services shall be made by the Purchaser to the Seller by means of Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) and shall be on account of any indebtedness of the Purchaser. Payment will be considered made when the amounts reflect finally and unconditionally in the banking account of the Seller. No payments by way of cash or any other negotiable instrument will be accepted by the Seller unless expressly agreed to by a Director of the Seller.
7.1 The Purchaser shall be liable for any banking fees, costs or charges incurred when effecting payment of amounts due to the Seller. In the event that the Seller is charged such banking fees, costs or charges in relation to a payment made by the Purchaser, the Seller shall be entitled to invoice the Purchaser such costs – which shall then be immediately due and payable by the Purchaser to the Seller.
- In the event of fraudulent activities which are perpetrated whereby a change of banking details is advised on the Seller's letterhead or by other means, the Purchaser agrees that any payment made to any other bank account shall not constitute a valid discharge of the Purchaser's obligation to make such payment. The Purchaser shall be obliged to notify the Seller of any receipt by it of a notification of change of banking details and shall only give effect thereto if same is confirmed telephonically and in writing by a Director of the Seller. All losses suffered as a result of any amounts being paid by the Purchaser into any bank account other than the account of the Seller shall be borne solely by the Purchaser.
- Should the Purchaser become subject to a Credit Event the whole balance of any amounts outstanding by the Purchaser to the Seller whatsoever will immediately become due and payable, irrespective of any other agreements or orders to the contrary, and all outstanding work and obligations of the Seller, in respect of which the Seller was still to perform, shall be terminated with immediate effect and the Purchaser shall have no claim in relation thereto.
- Notwithstanding anything contained herein, in the event of the Seller granting credit terms to the Purchaser, the Seller reserves the right to withdraw such credit terms at its sole discretion if it believes that the Purchaser's financial position has deteriorated after the date that the credit terms were granted. Further, it is specifically recorded that any credit limit granted by the Seller to the Purchaser is for the sole benefit the Seller, and the Purchaser shall not be entitled to rely on said credit limit as justification for any limitation of indebtedness to the Seller.
- Should the Purchaser not make payment within 7 (seven) days of the due date for payment for any goods purchased or services provided then, the Seller shall be entitled to charge the Purchaser interest thereon at the rate of two percent (2%) per month calculated from the due date until payment (both dates inclusive) which interest shall be calculated daily and compounded monthly in arrears on the last day of each month.
- Should the Seller have historically granted the Purchaser any discount or reduced charges in relation to the provision of goods or services, that discount or reduced charge is entirely at the Seller’s discretion and is not binding on the Seller nor shall it be automatically applied to any future transactions. Each discount offered by the Seller shall be considered an individual and singular transaction, and shall not constitute or form any practice common between the parties or on which the Purchaser shall be entitled to rely.
- The Seller may agree to provide certain initial consultations, advice, or samples at a discounted or gratuitous preliminary rate or charge. If, however, the Purchaser elects not to proceed with a final order for goods or services in respect of these preliminary goods or services, the Seller shall be entitled to charge the Purchaser and recover its reasonable costs and expenses as agreed to between the Seller and the Purchaser before design phase or failing such agreement, to be determined by the Seller in its sole and absolute discretion in relation thereto.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Seller shall incur no liability in respect of the non-delivery or late delivery of any goods or services ordered by the Purchaser or failure by the Purchaser to collect the goods. In the event that the Purchaser is, irrespective of the aforementioned, able to prove the Seller’s liability in relation thereto, the Purchaser’s damages, costs or losses shall be limited to a refund of any amounts paid in respect of the goods or services. NOTE: This clause limits and excludes the rights and remedies of the Purchaser and places various risks, liabilities, obligations and legal responsibilities on the Purchaser.
- Signature by the Purchaser, or by any representative of the Purchaser, to the Seller's delivery note, or certificate of completion, shall be regarded as acceptance by the Purchaser that the goods and services reflected in such note have been properly and completely received. Goods that are posted or are to be transported by a carrier according to the Purchaser's instructions shall be deemed to have been delivered to the Purchaser on receipt of the goods by the Post Office or Carrier, as the case may be. NOTE: This clause limits and excludes the rights and remedies of the Purchaser and places various risks, liabilities, obligations and legal responsibilities on the Purchaser.
- Risk in and to the goods shall pass to the Purchaser on delivery by the Seller, installation by the Seller where the Seller is responsible for such installation, or collection by the Purchaser.
- Notwithstanding the delivery of any goods to the Purchaser, ownership thereof shall not pass until the Seller has received payment of the full purchase price. The Seller shall at its own discretion be entitled to demand the return of possession of any of the goods which have not been paid for and in respect of which payment is overdue, and apply for the necessary relief.
- In the event that the parties have agreed that the Seller shall deliver the goods to the Purchaser, it shall do so entirely at its own discretion and by the method and route it selects. Should the Purchaser request any amendments to the delivery process, the Seller shall have the discretion whether to proceed in accordance therewith and to charge the Purchaser for any additional charges incurred.
- The Seller may deliver, or make ready for collection, the goods as ordered by the Purchaser in portions or batches, and the Purchaser shall be obliged to accept delivery or collect said goods in the portions or batches as a divisible sale by the Seller. The Purchaser shall be liable to make payment for the consignment or portion as received from the Seller on the due date, irrespective of whether the balance of the original order has been received.
- The Purchaser shall not permit or allow the goods or any portion thereof to become subject to any landlord’s lien or hypothec until the price payable therefore has been settled in full, on the basis that the Purchaser shall be obliged to inform the landlord of the premises at which the goods are stored from time to time (to the extent that such premises are not owned by the Purchaser), in writing, of the Seller's ownership of the goods and to provide the Seller with an acknowledgement of receipt from the aforesaid landlord of such notification.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Purchaser shall have no claim for short or defective delivery, installation or collection unless the Purchaser has specified on the Seller's delivery note and/or invoice and/or certificate of completion the details of the alleged short or defective delivery. NOTE: This clause limits and excludes the rights and remedies of the Purchaser and places various risks, liabilities, obligations and legal responsibilities on the Purchaser.
- Where the Seller has agreed to the rectification of any snags or defects in relation to the provision of goods or services, the Purchaser shall be obliged to notify the Seller of any further snags or defects within a further five days of the Seller’s attendance to the rectification, failing which the Purchaser shall be deemed to have accepted the final goods and services in good order.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Seller shall be exempted from and shall not be liable under any circumstances whatsoever for any indirect loss or damages of any nature (including, without limitation, consequential damages) or any loss of profit which the Purchaser may suffer as a result of: a defect in the goods or services; the goods failure to perform to desired specifications or services failure to meet desired specifications; any breach by the Seller of any of its obligations; arising out of the use of the goods; or the Purchaser’s dissatisfaction with the final presentation of the goods or services.
- Should the Purchaser suffer any direct loss or damages as a result of the negligence of the Seller, or as a result of any defect in the goods or services, the Seller shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to remedy such loss at its own cost and through the use of its own contractors, services and products, within a reasonable period of time of being notified of such loss or damages by the Purchaser. Should the Purchaser refuse the Seller’s offer to remedy such loss or damages, the Seller shall be entirely resolved of liability and the Purchaser shall have no claim against the Seller in relation thereto. NOTE: This clause limits and excludes the rights and remedies of the Purchaser and places various risks, liabilities, obligations and legal responsibilities on the Purchaser.
- It is specifically recorded that the Seller renders services which require that the Seller have a degree of discretion in the implementation of the services or the specific goods to be provided to the Purchaser, in order to give effect to the Seller’s expertise as an artist and interior designer. The Purchaser accepts that, due to the nature of such services, the final product or services may vary, to a reasonable degree, from that which was originally discussed or negotiated between the parties, and the Seller shall have the final discretion on the execution of the services and selection of products which align with the Seller’s vision of the final design provided that the price and quality of such variation will not alter the quoted price and quality.
- The Seller shall have the right to substitute the services or products with other services or products of equal or greater value, at the Seller’s discretion, and in the interests of execution of a final interior design plan or renovation.
- Any intellectual property, of any kind, which is delivered, created, adapted, or developed during the course and scope of the Seller rendering the services or providing the products shall be the sole and exclusive property of the Seller, and the Seller shall own and have all right and title in relation thereto. Under no circumstances is the Seller deemed to have sold or otherwise disposed of any its intellectual property to the Purchaser or any third party.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Seller shall have no liability in respect of any claim –
- The Purchaser confirms that it has satisfied itself, prior to the purchase, that the products or services are fit for their intended purpose. The Seller does not, in any way, warrant the products will be fit for their intended purpose and the Purchaser shall, as a consequence, not have any claim against the Seller.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Purchaser hereby agrees to indemnify the Seller against all claims of whatsoever nature which may be made against the Seller by any third party arising out of the use of the goods sold by the Seller to the Purchaser and/or the services provided by the Seller to the Purchaser, unless such claims arise out of gross negligence of the Seller. NOTE: This clause limits and excludes the Purchaser’s rights and remedies and places various risks, liabilities, obligations and legal responsibilities on the Purchaser.
- In the event that the Seller has agreed to attend to any portion of the delivery or installation of the goods or physical rendering of services at the premises requested by the Purchaser, the Purchaser must ensure that the site for such delivery is prepared and ready to receive the goods or services. Any delays which result from the Purchaser’s failure to ensure that the site is prepared will entitle the Seller to charge the Purchaser for the additional costs of labour, storage, or transportation as the case may be.
- Where the Seller has agreed to attend to installation of goods or rendering of services at the premises selected by the Purchaser, the Seller shall have no liability whatsoever in respect of any damage or loss suffered as a result thereof, or otherwise.
- The Seller shall be entitled to apply any payments received from the Purchaser to whichever outstanding claims or debts as it sees fit, and entirely at the Seller’s discretion. Unless otherwise specified by the Seller, it shall be presumed that any payments received from the Purchaser are allocated to the payment of any interest accrued or legal costs incurred by the Seller, and thereafter to the oldest outstanding invoices and debts.
- Should either Party commit a breach of these Terms, and fail to remedy such breach within 10 Business Days of having been called upon in writing by the other Party to do so then the aggrieved party may, in its discretion and on written notice to the defaulting party, institute any claims which the aggrieved party may have for damages or specific performance against the defaulting party in law or otherwise in these Terms and Conditions.
- The Seller shall be entitled to bring any action or proceeding against the Purchaser in any competent court, and all costs incurred in any action including costs on an attorney/client scale and attorneys collection commission will be paid by the Party who is found to be at fault. The Purchaser and the Seller agree that the laws of South Africa will govern any dispute between the parties.
- The parties hereby choose as their respective domicilia citandi et executandi for all purposes arising out of these Standard Terms and Conditions the addresses selected by the Purchaser and Seller as contained in these Standard Terms and Conditions, alternatively the address expressly recorded and notified to the other party in writing.
- Any notice required to be given by either party to the other in terms of this agreement shall be in writing and shall either be delivered by hand or be forwarded by email or pre-paid registered post; and unless and until the contrary is proved, a notice:
- Unless the context otherwise requires, the words importing the singular shall include the plural and vice versa, a natural person shall include an artificial person and vice versa and the one gender shall include the other gender and vice versa.
- The Purchaser shall not, under any circumstances, be entitled to withhold or set-off payments to the Seller. A certificate from a manager or director of the Seller shall constitute prima facie proof of the Purchaser’s indebtedness. Furthermore, it is recorded that the Seller is obliged, by legislation, to comply with the requirements of the Trade and Metrology Act No 77 of 1973, and in terms thereof to regularly assize its weighing equipment. Accordingly, the quantity or weight of goods sold by the Seller and received by the Purchaser shall prima facie be presumed to be correct and accurate.
- Where the Seller renders services to the Purchaser, including installation, construction, renovation, maintenance, repair, and interim operation of products, the Seller’s obligations shall be limited as follows:
40.1 The Seller reserves the right to charge increased rates for labour and parts where such is required urgently or outside of business days from 09:00 to 17:00.
40.2 The Seller will attend to services and call-out to the Purchaser’s premises when possible, but will not be obligated to do so under any circumstances.
40.3 The Seller shall have the final unilateral discretion to select the date and time in which the services will be rendered, but the Seller will use its best endeavours to do so in accordance with the Purchaser’s requirements.
- If the products ordered by the Purchaser are special order goods as defined in the CPA, the Purchaser shall not enjoy the rights afforded by Section 17 of the CPA, which include the cancelling of any advance order or booking.
- The Seller may require advance payment of a reasonable deposit for any products or services yet to be rendered, and the Seller may impose a reasonable cancellation charge (which may be the entirety of the deposit) in the event of the Purchaser cancelling the order. The Purchaser acknowledges that the deposit and cancellation charge levied by the Seller is reasonable and fair in the circumstances. Further, the Purchaser acknowledges that the deposit may be utilised for the purchase of goods or construction materials which are non-refundable, and the Purchaser will have no claim for repayment of the deposit.
- Where the parties have agreed that the Seller is to order goods or products which require importation from a country outside of the Republic of South Africa for sale and delivery to the Purchaser, the Purchaser shall be liable for any increase in the cost of said goods in excess of 5% of the total gross purchase price (between the date of placement of the order and the date of delivery of the goods), insofar as such increase is caused by a fluctuation in the exchange rate between South African Rands and the currency of the country from which the goods are ordered.
- Where the Seller and Purchaser agree on the purchase price of specific goods in a currency other than South African Rands, the Seller shall be entitled to elect to receive payment in South African Rands at date of invoice or in the foreign currency as originally agreed.
- Orders placed by a Purchaser, and which are based on any price list published or furnished by the Seller, shall be subject to the Seller’s confirmation and availability of stock.
- Any warranty/guarantees provided by the Seller with respect to the products or services will be limited to that which is described in any supporting documentation, and failing any express warranty/guarantee provided by the seller in said supporting documentation, the Seller provides no warranty or guarantee whatsoever.
- Any condonation of any breach of any of the provisions hereof or other act or relaxation, indulgence or grace on the part of the Seller shall not in any way operate as or be deemed to be a waiver by the Seller of any rights hereunder, or be construed as a novation thereof.
- Each clause of these Standard Terms and Conditions is severable, the one from the other and if any one or more clauses are found to be invalid or unenforceable, that clause/clauses shall not affect the balance of these Standard Terms and Conditions, which shall remain of full force and effect.
- These Standard Terms and Conditions together with the Seller’s official quote contains the entire agreement between the parties and any other terms thereof whether express or implied are excluded herein and any variations, cancellations or additions to this contract shall not be of any force or effect unless reduced to writing and signed by the parties or their duly authorised representatives.
- The Purchaser's Representative who is signing on behalf of the Purchaser acknowledges having read these Terms and agrees that both he/she and the Purchaser (wherever applicable) are bound by them.
- The amount and date of deposit will be determined by mutual agreement between the parties. Final payment for any goods and/or services will be effected on date of final delivery.